George Morgan's "Shield Earring" design considered to be one of the most beautiful ever made by the US Mint. This design was issued in sets of the quarter dollar, half dollar and silver dollar in both silver as above and copper.
The following examples are confirmed:
2) Dibello-Stacks 5/70, Sieck, Fred-B/M 11/95, Hanks 6/97, Higman-Alterman, Alhambra/Hanks, Superior 9/99 (did it sell?), Superior 2/00, Heritage 4/15 – PCGS67, illustrated above.
3) Merkin 9/67, Turoff-B/M 3/94 - PCGS64
4) Col Green, Taylor-NN61st, Bass-HWBRF - choice proof
5) Judd, Florida collection-B/R 10/76, Sieck-81 ANA - gem proof, Pollock plate
6) Champa-B/R 5/72, Hughes 1/80, Novoselsky, Alhambra/Hanks, Heritage 10/99 (not sold), Superior 4-7/00 FPL, Heritage 1/07 – NGC67
7) Parmelee, H.P. Smith, J.S. Jenks, Clapp, Eliasberg-B/M 5/96, Southern collection as NGC65, Simpson collection - PCGS65, dipped with lamination? from beak to RI in America
8) Rothchild-Stacks 10/03, Queller-Heritage 1/09 - NGC67
9) Gunmetal blue-gray toned example once in possession of Julian Leidman - gem proof, same as #8?
Examples were also struck in copper J1699/P1901.
For additional information on this and the other denominations, click here
Photo courtesy of Saul Teichman.